- Can I make updates to the site myself?
- Absolutely. There’s extensive flexibility to the CMS which allows you to add content, photos, video, pages and much more.
- How will we meet to discuss how I want my site designed?
- All communication, before, during and after the design process, is done via email, and if necessary the phone.
We are working hard to keep the costs for our clients as low as possible, so we don’t inflate the costs of our packages to include in person meetings. (Of course, most of our clients live far away from Detroit, but at times people in our area wonder if we’re available to connect in person.)
If you are local, and you do want to meet in person, we can do so at our regular hourly rate of $75, including drive time.
- OK, so the $20 a month gets me… what exactly?
For $20 a month we host your site and provide email accounts for you. Additionally you are given the domain of your choice if you don’t already have one. We can also answer question you have about your account. If you would like to retain us to make updates to your site or add additional functionality to your site after the design process is complete, we would love to help at our regular hourly rate of $75.
If you are not in need of hosting and email, you can choose our non-hosted package HERE.
- What are the contract terms?
- What contract? Wait, there is none! Once you pay for your site design and first month of hosting and service, you are a month-to-month customer. You can cancel at any time.
- What are your payment arrangements?
We accept Visa, MasterCard through Paypal. Payment is due when you place your order. Your site will be ready to add content to within 14 days, usually much sooner.
At checkout you will also setup the monthly recurring $20 subscription.
- What comes with my order and subscription?
First, a great and hopefully long term relationship! We look forward to getting to know you and your business needs. Your order includes a custom front page and interior template which all other pages will be based on. Video, audio, slideshows and other media can be included in the site. Additionally, we provide a FREE domain name (if needed), email, hosting and access to an easy to use content management system to make updates to your site.
After the front page and interior layout are designed (up to six custom designed images are included such as slideshow slides, a header, etc.), you will have the flexibility to add any number of elements to your site like a shopping cart, membership functionality and much more through a diverse plugin library! If you need help extending your site in this manner we would love to assist at our regular, low hourly rate!
- What if I have absolutely no idea how to do anything?
- We presume you mean, “…no idea how to do anything in regard to web design.” That’s why we are here! We’ll do everything necessary to ensure you are comfortable with your new site. We’re confident you’ll be amazed at how intuitive and enjoyable it is to work with.
- What if I want you to make updates for me after the site is designed?
- Our encouragement is to let us help you learn how to make changes to your site yourself. It’s easy to add or remove pages, images, articles, etc. However, we understand that many people truly desire to stay hands off and we do have several clients that retain us on a monthly basis to make updates to their site. We would be happy to offer this service to you as well. After the site is completed, you can retain us to make any changes to your site at our regular rate of $75/hour.
- What is the total cost?
$1200 plus $20 per month
- What’s the difference between your One Price site and a SimpleSite?
Yes, we know. There’s really two prices, not one!
We recently added a second option, SimpleSites™, for a large segment of people, churches and businesses who might be in start up mode or have a limited budget in our difficult economy.
The primary difference is simply the amount of custom work we will provide. A One Price site has six times the amount of custom design. A SimpleSite includes one primary image plus a header.